Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lemon Meringue Pie with Amelia Bedelia

The favorite book at our house lately has been Amelia Bedelia. The kids love the crazy things Amelia Bedelia does as she is learning to be the new housekeeper for Mr. and Mrs. Rogers. Some favorites include changing the towels, dusting the furniture, and especially dressing the chicken. The most intriguing part of the entire book, however, is Amelia Bedelia's lemon meringue pie. For weeks we have read Amelia Bedelia every night before bed, and every night the kids tell us we need to make lemon meringue pie. Friday night I was watching the younger three while Mandy and Kylee went to the movies. When I read Amelia Bedelia to Addyson she looked at me and said, "Dad, will you pleeeaaaasssseee make me a lemon meringue pie tomorrow?" So Saturday I made my first ever lemon meringue pie from scratch so the kids could see what it was that kept Mrs. Rogers from firing Amelia Bedelia. It was a huge success! We were lucky enough to have Scott, Kristin, Brooklyn, Lukas, and Carlee here to share our experiment. Thanks Amelia Bedelia!

1 comment:

megan said...

looks pretty fancy shmancy to me!! how come all my brothers cook better than I do? :-)